18.104.22.168 Build 4430
You are viewing the documentation for the latest version of SVN MultiSite Plus.
For an earlier version see the Archive.
Welcome to the User Guide for SVN MultiSite Plus, WANdisco's next generation enterprise SVN solution. Here you'll find all the information you'll need for planning, installing, and managing a deployment.
1. What is SVN MultiSite Plus?
SVN MultiSite Plus is the core of WANdisco's enterprise SVN product line:
- SVN replication, mirroring and clustering for enterprise performance and 24-by-7 availability.
- SVN MultiSite Plus means that a central SVN server is no longer a single point of failure, or performance bottleneck and the effects of WAN latency are greatly reduced.
- By combining WANdisco's patented replication technology and intelligent load balancing software, SVN can be deployed in an active-active WAN cluster that delivers optimum performance, scalability and availability, with built-in continuous hot backup.
Read more about SVN MultiSite Plus on the WANdisco website.
2. Using this guide
This documentation is intended for use by system administrators who have been given the task of evaluating, deploying, and managing their organization's version control systems. SVN MultiSite Plus is a distributed computer system. You can think of a SVN MultiSite Plus deployment as a single application running across a several dispersed nodes, rather than instances of the same application. It's likely therefore that SVN MultiSite Plus management will be shared across several locations, especially in organizations where software development occurs at different locations in different time zones.
3. Documentation for 3rd party components
You can integrate SVN MultiSite Plus with open source software components that require user-level documentation. In these cases, we provide links to the open source project's documentation.
4. Get support
See our online Knowledgebase which contains updates and more information.
We use terms like node and replication group, and define them in the Glossary. This contains some industry terms, as well as WANdisco product terms.
For more information about MultiSite and WANdisco's replication technology see the SVN MultiSite Technical Guide.
If you need more help raise a case on our support website.
5. Give feedback
6. Note the following
In this document we highlight types of information using the following boxes:
Alert The alert symbol highlights important information.
Caution The STOP symbol cautions you against doing something.
Tips Tips are principles or practices that you'll benefit from knowing or using.
7. Release Notes
View the Release Notes. These provide the latest information about the current release, including lists of new functionality, fixes and known issues.