Once installed, LiveData Migrator automatically begins a free 14-day trial, during which time you can migrate up to 5TB of data. The trial ends after 14 days, or when you reach the 5TB data transfer limit.
At the end of the free trial, LiveData Migrator automatically upgrades to a Usage-Based License, providing that you successfully connected to the WANdisco Gateway. If the automatic upgrade fails, LiveData Migrator won't be able to complete further migrations until you contact WANdisco and set up a license.
If you prefer to run with a fixed-cost license, see Enterprise License.
Under a Usage-based license, you connect each Live Data Migrator instance to the WANdisco Gateway server so that your Migration data-transfer usage can be tracked.
Under a usage-based license, your data-transfer usage is tracked using the following mechanism:
Every six hours, LiveData Migrator gathers together all collected metering data for all instances and sends the following data to the WANdisco Gateway:
- Total current transaction count all LDM instances
- Total current kilobyte count for all LDM instances
- Number of connected LDM instances
The WANdisco Gateway then stores the data for use in calculating your monthly billing.
If LiveData Migrator is unable to connect to the WANdisco Gateway server you'll receive a notification email and a warning banner will appear in the LiveData UI. You'll be asked to check LiveData Migrator's connection to the WANdisco Gateway. For more information, see the knowledge base article - Connect to WANdisco gateway.
All billing for a usage-based license is handled through your cloud vendor. For an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account, billing is handled by tackle.io, the AWS billing platform that you signed up to when you started your trial.
These instructions explain how to upgrade or renew a license through the UI.
- Log in to the LiveData UI using a browser.
- Under Products, click on the LDM instance name, this is LDM - localhost if you've not change it.
- Click on Licensing on the left-hand side menu.
- Under License Type select the Usage-Based Licensing option.
- On the WANdisco Gateway panel, Click the Check Gateway button. The Gateway Connection Status will change from "Unsuccessful" to "Successful". If this doesn't happen, check your server's port access. See our Knowledge Base article - Connect to WANdisco gateway.
If you connect to the WANdisco Gateway before your free trial ends, the Usage-based licensing status is shown as Inactive. The status will change to Active when your trial ends.
Upgrade to an Enterprise license to continue using LiveData Migrator while paying a fixed cost for migrations.
The cost of migrating different target filesystems varies depending on the cloud platform. Refer to the following links to learn the costs for each target filesystem:
Upload your new license in the License panel of the UI. This panel displays current license information, including the expiry date and warnings if your license limits are approaching.
- Click Upgrade License.
- Click the option to purchase a license now. Follow the steps to get your license.
- Once you get your license, make sure it's available on your local machine.
- Upload your new license.
- Check the License Information window to ensure your new data limit appears.
We'll notify you when it's time to renew your license. You'll have a grace period of 7 days to renew your license. Otherwise, you won't be able to migrate additional data until you renew your license. You'll receive notifications on the UI and in emails from us 7 days and 2 days before your license expires.
Contact WANdisco to purchase a full license. Once you have your new license, use the following commands to upload the new license key to LiveData Migrator.
Log in to the LiveData Migrator host.
Log in to the LiveData Migrator CLI.
license showcommand to see details of your current LiveData Migrator license.
Upload the new license key with the
license upload --path /user/hdfs/license.key
You're ready to migrate data! Learn how to get started with LiveData Migrator.